We can offer legal advice if you are experiencing problems in the following areas:

Unfair dismissal, discrimination, redundancy, maternity or parental rights, health and safety, changes in working hours and conditions, tribunal and ACAS processes, unpaid wages, redundancy, bullying and any other employment-related matter.

We may also be able to help you to negotiate terms and conditions and levels of compensation in relation to a settlement agreement to end your employment.

We can provide you with advice and information whether you are an employee, agency worker, casual or contract worker.

We can advise about some of the following:

  • Do I need a contract of employment?
  • What is the minimum I can expect to be paid by my employer?
  • Can I be dismissed when I am on sick leave?
  • Can I claim unfair dismissal?
  • What should I do if I have been discriminated against at work?
  • What should I do if I am being bullied or harassed at work?
  • What are my rights if I work part-time or on a fixed term contract?
  • What rights do I have at work when I am having a baby?

For new enquiries, you can also complete our online form and we will get back to you.

Or call our Employment Advice line

020 8638 7429
Monday 2 – 4pm

What to expect when you contact us with an employment issue:

We understand the time constraints in relation to employment matters and always aim to address your concerns quickly and efficiently.

Due to our very limited resources and the many inquiries we receive, please bear in mind that we cannot guarantee to take on a particular case. However, we will offer one-off advice where possible and signpost to an appropriate service where necessary.

Please note that times to take action in Employment matters are relatively short and you usually have 3 months to start the Tribunal process (e.g. from the date of dismissal or act of discrimination). 

You should take advice on this. 

Among other useful sources of help and information are: 

ACAS https://www.acas.org.uk/advice

Citizens Advice Work – Citizens Advice